Isla’s Blog

Name to be Changed Later

My Finding Someplace Backpack

on October 27, 2022

This summer, we had to read two books for school. One was a book called Finding Someplace by Denise Lewis Patrick. In this book, the main character Reesie, needed to evacuate her house because of Hurricane Katrina. When she left, she brought her backpack filled with very important stuff to her and her family. 

If I was in that situation, these are some things I would bring. First, a change of clothes and a sweatshirt in case I get cold or dirty. I would also bring a phone and charging block to be able to reach someone in event of an emergency, as well as, all the cash, credit cards, and wallets I could find. I would bring my parents’ important documents such as birth certificates, my parents marriage certificate, passports, and house documents for legalization. I would bring a simple first aid kit in case I get hurt. I’d need a flashlight and batteries, as well as a water purifier, and my filled water bottle. For food, I would grab things like popcorn, chips, cookies, bread, peanut butter for nutrition, and anything else that would not go stale quickly. This is everything I would bring, that could fit in my backpack, if I were ever in Reesie’s situation.