Isla’s Blog

Name to be Changed Later

My Favorite Author

on November 11, 2022

Hi! This is a post about my favorite author, Reneé Ahdieh. She has three series, The Beautiful, The Wrath and the Dawn, and The Flame in the Mist series. I first found this author when I read The Beautiful. The Beautiful is a series about vampires, werewolves, ethereals, half-bloods, and this one girl–who’s completely human—that manages to catch the attention and steal the heart of the most ruthless, evil, cruel vampire that stalks the alleyways of New Orleans. Three out of four of the books in this series are out but the last, the finale, is coming on February 14. The next series I read was The Wrath and the Dawn which was about a ruler that took a bride each evening, only to kill her the next dawn. The main character, Sharzad, is one of those brides, except she lives. Her cousin and best friend Shiva, was also one of Khalid’s brides, and Sharzad becomes Khalid’s bride for the purpose of revenge, hoping to trick him into keeping her alive until she can finally kill him. But that is before they fall in love without even realizing it and it is not until Sharzad learns why Khalid had to kill all those innocent girls that she can truly know and forgive him. After you read these books and love them, you will definitely love the last series, Flame in the Mist, even more…but I’ll leave that a mystery for now. Reneé Ahdieh is an author for people who love fantasy, magical beasts, and cursed love stories. I really hope you enjoy these books!